How can alternative medicine help people with cancer?
Alternative cancer treatments may not play a direct role in curing your cancer, but they may help you cope with signs and symptoms caused by cancer and cancer treatments. Common signs and symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, pain, difficulty sleeping, and stress may be lessened by alternative therapies.
Integrating the best evidence-based complementary and alternative cancer treatments with the treatments you receive from your doctor may help relieve many of the symptoms associated with cancer and its treatment. Discuss all of your options with your doctor, and together, you can determine which strategies might work for you and which are likely to have no benefit.
Work closely with your doctor to determine the right balance between traditional medicines and alternative cancer treatments. While complementary and alternative cancer treatments, such as acupuncture, may reduce nausea or pain, they generally aren't powerful enough to replace cancer medications from your doctor.
Source- Mayo Clinic.
How can you take care of yourself during cancer?
1) Slow down and find quiet time for body and mind.
2) Try aromatherapy.
3)Make time for things that make you feel fulfilled, such as crafting, reading, taking a bath, going for a walk or baking.
4)Start a journal.
5)Eat nourishing foods.
6)Do some light exercise.
7)Get a massage.
Source- Abramson Cancer Centre
What to take for healty diet?
1) Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
2) Sip green tea throughout the day.
3) Eat more tomatoes.
4) Use olive oil.
5) Snacks on grapes- Red grapes have seeds filled with the superantioxidant activin. This cancer-fighting chemical, also found in red wine and red-grape juice, may offer significant protection against certain types of cancer, heart disease, and other chronic degenerative diseases.
6) Use garlic and Onion abundantly.
7) Eat fish- Fatty fish — such as salmon, tuna, and herring — contain omega-3 fatty acids, a type of fatty acid that has been linked to a reduced risk of prostate cancer. If you don't currently eat fish, you might consider adding it to your anti-cancer diet. Another way to add omega-3s to your diet is by eating flaxseed.
Source- Everyday health
Benefits of green tea for a healthy diet-
Green tea is a powerful antioxidant and may be an essential part of an anti-cancer diet. Green tea, a cancer-fighting food, may help prevent liver, breast, pancreatic, lung, oesophagal, and skin cancer. Researchers report that a nontoxic chemical found in green tea, epigallocatechin-3 gallate, acts against urokinase (an enzyme crucial for cancer growth). One cup of green tea contains between 100 and 200 milligrams (mg) of this anti-tumour ingredient.
Source- Everyday health.